07/09/2020

Be forever passionately curious - Julie Hickey Designs


Hi there and pleasant new week! Today I'm sharing an art journal spread with a process video with you. It's done using some new(ish) Julie Hickey Design stamps Julie very kindly sent to me. I used a set called "Floral Frames" in this spread. 

I started the page by adding some pattern paper to my journal. On top I then added some stamped elements. I did those by stamping with embossing ink on top of old book pages, then embossing the pieces using platinum embossing powder and coloring them using watercolors. I repeated the designs by stamping the same images straight to the background.


As you can see from the photos and the video, I used the stamped elements also as embellishments. I cut the leafy branches loose as well as some of the flowers. The leaves I used in opposite sides of the spread to balance it out. The flower on the other hand I used as a headdress for the man in the vintage photo. By placing them as his crown, I turned the scholar looking man into a fancy showgirl. Maybe he got bored with the university life and wanted to try to be a performer in the Moulin Rouge. I always like to think of a story to go with the vintage photo and art journal spread.  

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a manageable Monday!  


Materials: Julie Hickey Designs, WOW! Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Ranger, Sra Granger








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...