14/10/2020

Stamped brooches - Julie Hickey Designs


Moikka! Today I'm sharing two little brooches I made using stamps by Julie Hickey Designs. They both come from the same set called "Floral Frames". 

I first stamped the designs using Archival Ink to a piece of tissue paper. I then colored the pieces using water-based markers. I colored two wooden buttons using acrylic paints and after the paint layer was dry, I added some soft-body gel medium on top and collaged the trimmed stamped piece on top. The markers hold quite nicely without bleeding even though I was a bit worried about it! 

I added another layer of the gel on top, sealing the tissue paper with it. On top I added a little word, cut from an old book. Then I just glued the brooch part to the back and the buttons were done! The white markings on the brooches are made using Posca markers. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! 


Materials: Julie Hickey Designs, Prima Marketing, Sinelli, Posca, Ranger




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...