26/03/2020

Spend More Time Exploring - Prima Marketing


Moikka! If you’ve followed my projects along the years, you’ve probably noticed that I love my black gesso! But every now and then I enjoy working on lighter color schemes as well. So, when I read the pastel theme for Prima Marketing blog post, I decided to go for it! I chose to work with Capri collection as it comes with pretty pastels but also has some darker tones that I could add into the project to spice things up.


For this project I started with a beautiful turquoise and white background from the Capri 12x12 pad in order to fit in the pastel theme. I loved the beautiful color and also the wonderful texture the barnacles have. When going through the Capri papers to find more inspiration I had my eye fixated to the pile of suitcases in one of the sheets. I decided to do a travel inspired layout and searched for a photo to go with the theme. Instead of a travel photo I found a photo of my girls climbing on a rock and remembered the storybook like layouts of Brit Sviggum. Inspired by her, I cut my girls out of the photo and made a pile of suitcases for them to be climbing on to. 


To me adding something light and something darker to a project adds the both ends of the scale – white and light colors to bring in the light and darker tones to add contrast and order. So, even though this project was done for a pastel themed post, I used some darker tones as well.

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...