14/02/2020

Winter Wonderland - Finnabair Brand Ambassador


Oh my. December and even January were a bit too hectic for my taste and even if I had a lot of crafts to blog, I missed some. This is one of those. This snowflake is one of those. It's made to Finnabair Ambassadors post in December (link), which theme was "Winter Wonderland".


When thinking of ”Winter Wonderland” I started imagining glistening snow drifts, slowly falling snow and the fresh scent of the nippy weather. I had bought a wooden snowflake in order to make something out of it and this theme seemed just perfect. I used different Finnabair products that reminded me of snow and ice.

First I painted the snowflake with white gesso. I deliberately used heavy brush strokes and created some dimension using the heavy gesso. While the layer was drying, I turned all the Mechanicals and other pieces to silvery ones by using Metallique wax. Then I used 3D Gloss Gel to adhere the embellishments in place and started applying snow on top. For this I used Unicorn Paste – it’s glistening charts and sparkling base is just perfect for the snow effect! I finished the snowflake with some crystals for extra sparkle. 

This project could be used as a door decoration, inviting guests to the warmth of a fireplace away from the winter wonderland. Although at least here in southern Finland it seems that as there’s no winter wonderlands outside, maybe we should create them inside with these kind of decorations!

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely weekend! 


Materials: 

Art Basics Heavy Gesso White
Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel 
Art Extravagance Unicorn Paste 
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax Old Silver
Art Ingredients Melange Diamond Art Pebbles 
Mechanicals Bottle Caps 
Mechanicals Flowers Mini


Materials: Prima Marketing, CC Hobby, Flying Tiger



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...