19/02/2020

Succulents and bees


It's Wednesday, mid-week! Today I'm sharing something I did as a Christmas present to my aunt. Actually my mom asked me to do something with bees and succulents for her as she keeps bees and extracts honey. 

First I made a background for the piece using old book paper and white gesso. I used honey tones in the background adding layers with watercolors and ink. I also cut a honey comb styled piece out of orange cardstock using a Sizzix die. The succulents are made out of EVA foam, similar to the flowers I made for a demo piece earlier (link). Only the shape is different as well as the color. 


I couldn't find a suitable size bee stamp from my stash so I printed the bees instead and then colored them using watercolors. As the final touch to the piece I added some shine and glimmer. For that I used golden Mica flakes and glitter.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Sinelli





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...