23/04/2019

Baby Animal ATCs - Sizzix


Hi there and sweet Tuesday! After all Easter things, here's some sweet and cuddly ATCs I created using Sizzix dies and supplies (link). I found the animals on the "Baby Jungle Animals" set so adorable I just had to get the die set and use it to something. My first idea was to make a set of ATCs so I could add each animal to a card. If you want to see more ideas using this set, click to the Sizzix website, find the right die and then press "Ideas" on the left side bar. Or then just click here (link)!

I took some step pictures while working with them, so if you want to re-create them or something similar, have a look underneath! Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great week everyone! 


Step 1. Cut you ATC bases out of Sizzix cardstock. I used a neutral, almost kraft tone, but you can naturally go with any color. The size is 2½" x 3½". Round the corners with a punch or just by scissors.


Step 2. Adhere a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper on top of the background. If you are all out of patterned papers, you can always print you own using the designs at "Free Content Archive" (link). Check out the Stripes and Spots, for example.


Step 3. Cut the baby animals out of different colors of the cardstock. Brown for the lion's mane and the bottom layer of giraffe, darker teal for the elephant ear and lighter for the body and so forth. You can use white cardstock as well and color the pieces with markers, ink or paint. 


Step 4. Assemble the animals. Either cut the eyes or use a thin marker to add them.


Step 5. Start working with the background layers. First add some watercolor or watersoluable crayons to each and blend with water. I went with sort of primary colors in my take.


Step 6. Using "Borders" die set and stencil film, make yourself a stencil. Apply inks through it to the background. I matched the color of the inks to the colors I used in the previous layer. This gives a subtle layered look. If you want more contrast, choose a different color than you used before.


Step 7. Add a touch of stamping into the mix as well. I used a stamp with tiny text and black ink concentrating the pattern to the center of the cards.


Step 8. Start to layer the main elements in. First up, cut some leaves using "Meadow Leaf Mini " die out of white cardstock. Adhere in place.


Step 9. Add a couple of swirls of twine around each card. Again, I matched the colors to the backgrounds - yellow to yellow, red to orange, teal to teal. 


Step 10. Adhere the baby animals in place using foam dots. I guess you can see the pattern by now? Again - I matched the colors of the animals with the backgrounds.


Step 11. Finish each card with an alphabet cut from the same color as you used in the animal. I went with their English names. Adhere the alphabets in place. Done! 


Materials from Sizzix: 



Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Ranger




1 comment:

AScrapOfKindness said...

These cards are so bright and cheerful! I am working on some baby cards and was looking for something besides the boring usual. So glad I came across your blog. Will definitely be incorporating a technique or two to up my game. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...