01/08/2018

YGBORP ATCs - Wow Embossing Powder


Moikka! It's the first of a new month and that means a new challenge at Wow's Facebook group! Can you believe, by the way, that it's already August? Where did the summer months go? 

Like I wrote some days ago, the weather has really been sunny and warm here but I'm sure the autumn storms start hitting the capital soon. There's been huge thunder storms around Finland already, but nothing too big where I live. I love thunderstorms when I'm safely inside! And I love rain, too, and especially what sometimes comes afterwards - the rainbows! That's the theme of the challenge as well for Wow. 

So how would you craft a rainbow inspired project using embossing powders? Be sure to check out the challenge folder in Facebook (link) for some DT inspiration!


If you've followed my blog for a while you've seen how limited my colors are in a way. I tend to use an analogous color scheme not going for big contrast and normally use up to maybe three colors in a project. So adding a whole rainbow to a creation seemed overwhelming. Luckily I thought of an easy solution and cut the rainbow into pieces and did a series of ATCs! This way one card has a limited color palette and I still created a rainbow! 

The backgrounds for the cards are done applying Wow! ink through a stencil and then embossing with the color of the card. I used the same powder on top of a wooden letter, too. Letter is coming from the color name - R for red, P for purple. Those letters together with a moulded heart form the embellishments. Besides those I added a tiny piece of washi to each and some thread underneath the letter. 

These cards were so fun to do! I hope you find then cheerful! Thank you for your visit today!


Products used from Wow Embossing Powder:



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Tape Garden





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...