24/08/2018

Anemone and Coral canvas - Prima Marketing


Sweet Friday! Or should I say rustic Friday? Today I'm sharing a canvas project I did for the Finnabair Texture Fantasy post at Prima's blog (link). This was my first go with the pastes and I have to say it was love at first sight! Luckily now I've been able to play a little more and I really like the color combos in the sets. If you want to know more about the pastes, please see the Prima post (link)!


Oh my goodness! Finnabair’s mediums are always happiness in a jar, but the new Texture Fantasy sets are really inspiring! They have really cool color combos, but somehow this Anemone and Coral set was just screaming my name. I thought I’d be a sucker for the Norther Lights, but somehow the combination of the teal and brick red just spoke to me. 

For this canvas I made the composition using paper straws, a spoon and some Finnabair goodies together with flowers. Then I painted the whole thing using black gesso and after it had dried, I started to play with the Texture Fantasy. I love how the sets are build so it’s easy to create a great texture play and have fun with colors at the same time! The dabbing brushes are perfect tool to apply the paste so that the gritty texture shows easily.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you a sweet start to the weekend! This week has been quite hectic at work so I'm really looking forward the weekend and some art time! Ta ta for now!


Materials: 

966041 – Texture Fantasy Patina Set Anemone and Coral
965228 – Dabbing brush set 
586720 – Box Flowers Sandstone 
963323 – Melange art Pebbles 
966294 – Melange Vintage Art Pebbles 
964382 – Mechanicals Metal Lotus 
960322 – Mechanicals Mini Flowers 
960407 – Mechanicals Flowers Small 
961367 – 3D Gloss Gel 
961350 – Modeling Paste 
961459 – Heavy Gesso Black 
961374 – Heavy Gesso White 
962319 – Grungy Grid stencil 
814793 – IOD Mould Baroque 3 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Sizzix, Tape Garden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...