30/08/2018

Altered paint scraper - Prima Marketing


Hello! It's funny how drastically the weather has changed during the last week or so. From sunny days and definite summer vibe we're now heading to autumn. There's been thunder storms and rain pouring down. And the light is getting scarcer and the velvet evenings are here. So it's fun to reminisce the summer with a sweet pastel color palette. I added a touch of autumn in the project as well. The scraper is done using Prima's August color palette. You can see the other amazing projects here (link) at Prima blog.


When we moved to the apartment where we now live, we kind of inherited a box of tools. Inside it was this paint scraper with a lot of paint stuck to it. It was unusable in its original purpose, but I naturally added it to my stash, waiting for the right project to come along and use it. 

That moment arrived with this color palette! The sweet pastels made me want to counter them somehow, so I used the grungy scraper as the base and added some rusty details, too. This way the project is flowery and pastel, but still has some edge. 


As I used rust to counter the flowers in order to knock back the sweetness, I also wanted to add some autumn to the other wise almost spring-like make. So I added some leaves and dried fruit in there to get that harvest or fall vibe. 

How's the weather like in your neck of woods? Summery, spring-like or is autumn just around the corner? 

Thank you for stopping by today! What would you do using the color palette?



PS. The news are out. I'm honored to be a part of the Prima team for another run. I'm so in awe as I was certain I wouldn't make it this time. Feeling nothing but gratitude to belong in this team with such huge talents!


Materials: 

963576 – Rust Paste set 
586690 – Box Flowers Penmanship 
596958 – Amber Moon Flowers Scarlett 
964382 – Mechanicals Metal Lotus 
963323 – Melange art Pebbles 
962395 – Mechanicals Flowers 
963408 – Mechanicals Grungy Butterflies 
961053 – Mechanicals Gears 
961107 – Mechanicals Pendants 
964436 – Art Alchemy Metallique White Pearl acrylic paint 
584269 – Watercolor Confections Tropicals 
961367 – 3D Gloss Gel 


Materials: Prima Marketing



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...