30/11/2017

Dust and shadows


"Pulvis et umbra sumus"  - we are but dust and shadow.  - Horace

This piece is a workshop sample I did this autumn while keeping a workshop in Helsinki. The inspiration to the original piece and the workshop came from two sources - a piece I did as a present for my co-worker's husband and an Inspired By canvas. I used "dust" in both of those and always started to think about the quote above. The idea is to do a pale, weathered project. Even though the color palette is limited - or even non-existing - there's still plenty to see and study in the piece.


I'm planning new workshops for the spring and have announced some already. If you'd like to participate, please keep an eye on the sidebar and look out for posts as well! 

Thank you for your visit today! Can you believe that the next post I'll do is going to be in December? ...wow...


Ps. I mentioned about the giveaway already yesterday, but wanted to highlight it again with the picture. Sizzix is having a Christmas giveaway with three Foldaway machines! Find out how to participate to the draw here (link).


Materials: Prima Marketing


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Ooo another lovely piece with a subdued palette. Another wow xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...