08/05/2017

Inspiration is Everywhere - 7 Dots Studio


It's Monday again and a new week is starting! How was your weekend? Crafty, I hope! If you are looking for something new to spark your creativity this week, may I suggest the current challenge at 7 Dots Studio (link)? The theme this time is "My favorite things", which always causes the song from the Sound of Music to start playing in my head. 

I guess you know the rules by now - create anything with the given theme, use at least one 7 Dots Studio product, make a post with the inspirational circle and add a link to the post to the linky tool. If you need further instructions, please ask or visit the challenge post as the guidelines are presented there with a couple of more words.


This was actually a hard topic for me because there was so much to choose from! As my family isn't "a thing", I thought to keep to more material topics. First I thought to document my favorite supplies, but as I didn't have a photo ready at the moment when I thought to do the project, left that one for another day. I also thought about making a canvas with my favorite supplies and adding a memento in it, but decided against that one, too. 

I have had this picture in my “scrap these” pile for a while and when I was going through the photos I had in the pile, I knew that now was the time to make a page out of it! I used a combination of the old and the new in my page, mimicking the colors in the picture. Some old paper hues mixed with fresh, clean blue. 

The photo shows some of the things I brought back from Tallinn when we were there last summer. These are some of my favorite pieces from that trip. We visited a recycling center while in there and boy did I do great finds there! Crocheted doilies, old scissors and spoons, books with Cyrillic letters… I was really excited! To complete the set, there's some candies and chocolate in the picture, too as I really love chocolate. That's one of my favorite things as well!


Materials: 

Destination Unknown – 6x6 Pad 
Destination Unknown – Compass Mask 
Homegrown – Clear Stamps 
Cotton Candy Dreams – Chipboard 

Um Wow Studio – Fortune-teller flairs


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Um Wow Studio, Ranger

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...