12/06/2015

Dark notes - Finnabair Creative Team


Finnabair team had yet another amazing chance to guest over at Prima blog! This time we were concentrating on to things - the men in our lives and also in the Art Extravagance line. I played with quite a few in my project!



My husband is enthusiastic music maker and composer. When I relax with paints and visual things, he enjoys playing instruments and aural things. This in mind I created or rather made over this little guitar for him. 


The guitar is originally from my grandfather’s but the souvenir type thing didn’t hold well in my daughters’ games so it ended up to my mixed media drawer. First I added some cogs, bottle caps and other metal ephemera to the guitar and then coated the bright orange thing with a layer of black gesso.

Next I layered two crackle pastes, Clear and Antique Crackle on there, mixing them slightly together in the seams. On top I added color using Mica powders. The finishing touches are made with Graphite Texture Paste and while that was still wet, I sprinkled some Micro and Glass Beads on it. 


Materials used:

961497 Texture Paste Graphite
961541 Texture Paste Clear Crackle
961510 Texture Paste Antique Silver Crackle
960391 Mechanicals Bottle Caps
961053 Mechanicals Gears
961060 Mechanicals Washers
572051 Wire Thread Black 
961381 3D Gloss Gel
961435 Soft Gloss Gel 
962524 Mica Powder Gold
962494 Mica Powder Blue
962470 Mica Powder Purple
961459 Heavy Gesso Black
961794 Art Sugar Charcoal 
962555 Micro Beads Black
961688 Glass Beads Liquorice 
961695 Glass Beads Zink


Materials: Prima Marketing, Scrap FX

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

LOVE this altered piece! So unique and creative! Your husband will surely treasure this!

Seth said...

This is really incredible. Really unique and special. He will love it!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :") He's now making a mini guitar stand for it :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...