12/02/2015

Special Bond - Mixed Media Place


Hi there and good evening! Yesterday it was my time to share a project in Mixed Media Place's blog. I had two layouts there - a red one and a blue one. Today I'm sharing the red here.

The story behind the pages is simply color scheme. I often use the analogous color scheme in my crafts. I have tried to break free of that habit every now and then, but the end results aren't my favorite ones. So I started to think, why should I fight the windmill so to say, why shouldn't I just use the color schemes that I feel comfortable with? So the two layouts I created follow my love for the analogous color scheme. 


This red layout is about something that moves me and that I like - about my two kids and moreover, about the bond they have. I'm the only child myself so it's really special to see up close how the bond is formed and how it deepens. 

This page started with stenciling - I drew some butterflies through the stencil and also added the modeling paste through another stencil. On top I layered papers, embellishments and then added a few touches with Glimmer Mists and Gold Crackle Paint.

Even if it's fun to break boundaries, especially those ones you have built yourself, it's also important to be true to yourself. So expect those analogous color schemes continuing when I'm concerned - but sometimes I can surprise you! 

Thank you for stopping by today! What's your favorite color scheme and do you mix freely or use analogous scheme like I tend to use?


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

   


Materials: Prima Marketing, 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, 3rd Eye, Ranger, American Crafts, Epiphany Crafts, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love this layout - what a showcase for the fab photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...