13/02/2015

Rijksmuseum 16.6.13 - Mixed Media Place


Hi there! Yesterday I shared my red page for Mixed Media Place and today it's turn for the blue one. You can see the whole post, containing the two here, in Mixed Media Place's blog. The theme is my use of analogous color scheme.

This layout is about a visit to Rijksmuseum, the national gallery of Netherlands. It was so awesome to see all the old masters up close. When we talked about the trip, I just wanted to visit Rijksmuseum - no more requests or expectations, just a visit to Rijksmuseum. The picture shows a corner of the "Nightwatch" by Rembrandt and the beautiful blue colored wall it was hanging from.


I started the page with some gelli printing using different acrylic paints and then moved on to stamping, doodling and layering papers. The blues in the background mimic the blue of the wall and create a strong background against the more subtle colored patterned paper layers.

Thank you for stopping by today! Please visit my social media sites tomorrow, on Valentine's Day as I have something cooking up for it! Here's links to my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

 
    
 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Gelli Arts, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Um Wow Studio, American Crafts, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft, Sharpie, Talens


4 comments:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Ihanuus.
Mukavaa Ystävänpäivää sinulle.

jorunn`s Fristed said...

wow, im so impresed.. I just Love your art ♥

Riikka Kovasin said...

Kiitos :")

Riikka Kovasin said...

Thank you :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...