20/12/2014

Stay patient - 7 Dots Studio


Good evening! This layout is a part of a tutorial I made for 7 Dots Studio. I thought hard what to do a tutorial about. Then I thought I'd make something I always do - a mixed media influenced page - but show the power of color. 

As you may know or may have noticed I usually work with analogous or even monochromatic palette meaning my color contrasts aren't high. I tend to use neighboring colors and just a few colors per page. So for this tutorial I created one page using my usual style and the other one with more colors I would normally put on a page. And you know what the funny thing is? I like the colorful one so much more! I think I need to try stepping out my comfort zone more often!


To really have you concentrating on the impact the colors make I made the two pages using exactly the same background paper and the same layers. I also used same composition and also the same steps. The only thing differing from page 1 to page 2 is the use of colors. Underneath is the video showing my steps with the background and then putting the other layout together.


I guess by now you've figured out that this page is the more colorful one. I used blues, oranges and green in it. The topic of the page is finding your own path and way. I think once again the quote tracks to Pinterest - "stay patient and trust journey". It's a kind of reminder that things have a tendency to turn out fine.

You can see the more monochrome page in the video already but I'll blog it tomorrow! Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Saturday!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio:

All I Ever - Alpha Summer Night


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Tattered Angels, Ranger, Epiphany Crafts, Prima Marketing, Stash Panache, Design Memory Craft

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...