11/10/2024

Secret Inside - an altered wooden box


Oh gosh, can you believe it's almost mid-month already?! Where does the time fly! The second Friday of the month means the second video of the month and like I mentioned last Friday, the Halloween theme continues! This time I'm altering a wooden casket shape box. Or maybe altering is a bit overstating it, maybe decorating would be better! 

As you can see from the process video, I start by painting the shape black using black gesso and then add texture on top using a stencil and black modeling paste. Yes, black! Like I say in the video, I first thought I'd need to first make the texture and then paint the project black, before remembering I have black paste! So handy in a project like this! You can watch the process video here (link) on my YouTube channel.

To add some sweetness to the project, I then added some flowers on top, used a pink color scheme against the black and even added sweets inside! If you want the project to be a bit more on the scary side, you can add something more gloomy and drastic inside, but I opted for chocolates. Although I have to say that I did ponder upon making a small accordion folded booklet inside... But this time I wanted this one to be a gift so sweets it was! Maybe I should get another one of these boxes before they run out and do that journal style thing to it! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Friday and great weekend, too! Underneath you can again see the used materials, should you wish to recreate something similar.


Materials:

wooden chest (CCHobby)
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Gesso Black
Ranger - Distress Texture Paste Black Opaque
Stampers Anonymous - Berry Leaves THS174 stencil
A.B.Studio - Mixmedia cardboard ID-281
Ranger - Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy, Fired Brick
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Chalk, Cherry Blossom
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Entomology TH94079
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Skulls and Pumpkins TH94169
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Skulls and Spiders TH94161
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Number Tokens TH93244
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Halloween 2024 sticker book
moulded bones and bottle 
(made using Finnabair moulds "Apothecary Bottles" and "Wings and Bones")
paper and faux flowers
cheese cloth, twine
craft glue
brushes, scissors, sponge, palette knife








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...