08/10/2024

For the love of penguins - an art journal spread


Moikka moi! This art journal spread is an older one. I've been sharing projects I made for an online image transfer workshop thing, which didn't go through. This spread is done for the same thing but it has a bit of a Halloween vibe to it. 

In the earlier posts I have shared projects showing just one transfer technique each. This spread incorporated several to the same project. The one that reminds me of Halloween is the man on the page on the right. There's a ghostly transfer of him in a used teabag, but the picture underneath it is the Halloween one for me - he's turning into a penguin! The journaling says, loosely translated: "The professor loved penguins so much that he started to transform into one". You can see the transformation in one of the detail photos below.

This project was so fun to do! I should use image transfers more in my crafting! I especially enjoyed the story-telling bit again, whipping up the narrative to connect the vintage photo of a man to the eggs and penguins. It's quite a bizarre tale this time, but a fun one nonetheless.  

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a magical day! 


Materials: Kate Crafts, Ranger, Prima Marketing




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...