19/07/2024

Quest for curiosity - an art journal spread


Sunny Friday everyone! A new Friday means a new process video and this time I'm making this art journal spread in it. You can watch the process video here (link) on my YouTube channel.

I had a couple of jumping off points in this make. First I wanted to use some rub-ons I have had in my stash for a while. Secondly I wanted to use a doodle sheet I made as I was warming up my hand for another project. And thirdly, I wanted to add something interesting to the background and it ended being an image transfer. 

I start this spread by coloring a sheet of cardstock using acrylics, then add some stamping there before the image transfer. After that I also add some collaging and stenciling in there so there's a lot of layers happening, even though it may not look like it! It's also a kind of "use what you got" spread as the elements are either something I've been cherishing for a while or then something I would normally put to the recycling bin. The latter being that doodle. But I liked how those flowers turned out so I thought to use them as a background element in some make and with the delicate fairy they seemed just  the bill. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! May it be a crafty one!


Materials: 

Fabriano - Accademia 160g cardstock pack
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Lichen, Butter, Snowflake
Ranger - Distress collage medium
A B.Studio - One night in Circus 12x12 mini paper bundle 1
Stampers Anonymous - Curiosity Shop stamp set CMS482
Ranger - Archival Ink Jet Black, Vintage Photo
Prima Marketing - Finnabair Fairyland rub on transfers
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
PaperArtsy - PD427 stencil
journal, a pencil
double sided tape, craft glue, foam tape
paper cutter, scissors, water mister, sponge, sponge, acrylic block, inking tool, brushes







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...