29/09/2023

Secrets of the moon - a mixed media canvas


Moikka moi! It's the last video of September, but luckily next week is time for the first video of October! In this video I'm making a mixed media canvas with the dark autumn nights in my mind. It could even go as a Halloween piece!

As you can see, I'm working again on the reverse side of the canvas. I really like to do that as it creates an instant frame for the piece. The only a bit tricky thing is then to hang the piece as you need to adhere a hook to the back or find another way to display the piece. 

If you want to know how I made the canvas, please see the video below.


I'm very happy how the project turned out. I do love the combo of the velvety night and the shiny moon, but I guess in the end my favorite feature of the piece is that frame! I really love how grungy it turned out with the crackle and the colors.

With this project I wish you a very merry weekend! Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials:

Prima Marketing - Art Basics Modeling Paste
Prima Marketing -  Finnabair stencil Machinery
A.B.Studio - ID-367 stencil
Prima Marketing - Art Extravagance Texture Paste White Crackle
Prima Marketing - Heavy Body Gel
 Prima Marketing - Finnabair mould Nocturnal Elements
  Prima Marketing - Finnabair mould Vintage Light Bulbs
A.B.Studio - ID-288 chipboard shapes
 Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Gesso Black
Prima Marketing - Art Alchemy liquid acrylic paint Burnt Sienna, Prussian Blue
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Midnight, China, Chantilly, Snowflake
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish Metallic Glaze
Prima Marketing - Memory Hardware Pearls II
Prima Marketing - Art Ingredients glass beads Cobalt Blue
Ranger - Distress watercolor pencil Picket Fence
canvas
washers and other metal embellishments
metal flakes
scissors, brush, heat tool, palette knife
craft glue










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...