16/06/2023

Use what you got - a set of cards


Moikka moi! It's again Friday and time for a process video! This time it's a bit different in a couple of ways. First that I for once show the whole composition part and secondly it's about the products I'm using. Let me explain. 

Like I've said before, I have this drawer that I pop in every paper embellishment that was left over from a project. Like if I have cut several flowers loose from a 12x12 sheet and use just some or I have stamped some embellishment and use just some. I also put things that I receive in ATC swaps there and sometimes other loose embellishments. The drawer is a treasure trove, but I hardly ever use it! So, with this cards it was going to be different. I only made the backgrounds from new pieces of cardstock, but all the embellishments and layers came from the drawer. This means, more than ever, that each card is unique even though I was working on a series. 

As I said in the beginning, I left the whole composition part in this time. I hope it maybe shows a little insight to my process and mind. What I edited out was the choosing of the first stack of embellishments. I show the start though, so you get a little idea. I went through the whole stash using style, color, vibe as my first pick. I then went trough the first pick pile again and then started arranging items to the cards. But you can see that on the video below.


As you can see, each of the cards has a similar background. It's done on top of a piece of black cardstock embossed using an embossing folder. When choosing the elements on top of the card, I then kept the design in mind. As even though the elements all have something in common, there's some differences in choices between them. Like I wanted to use a typewriter in the card that had the typewriter background. And the gentleman seemed to go better on top of the grungy looking metal plates than the wallpaper looking design. Most of the choice were made unconsciously, though. But it's interesting trying to analyse your own process, try to see what causes those decisions! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a fun Friday and great start to the weekend!


Materials for the backgrounds:

Sizzix - Textured Fades embossing folder Typewriter (664760), Damask (665733), Industrious (665754)
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Toad Hall, Deep Sea, Magic Moss
Ranger - Distress Paint Tarnished Brass
black cardstock

Other: 
gifted ephemera, bits from A.B.Studio papers, die cuts using Sizzix dies, 7 Dots Studio die cuts, Finnabair metal embellishments
Ranger - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
black cardstock
kraft cardstock











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...