09/06/2023

Three Muses - a set of mixed media assemblages


It's Friday and a video time! This time I have some mixed media for you in canvas form. They resemble coins in my mind, like those collectible, special ones in honor of some achievement. 

Like I say in the video, I started the set with some MDF circles that had a matching color palette. My idea at that time was to show some of the background in the finished pieces, but along the way I chaged my mind. I often if not every time let the project lead me. Some times I have an idea in my head or some guidelines, but I'm open to change the route if that should happen. It's about the journey, not solely the end result. 


My idea the whole time was to add some flowers to these pieces, but as you could see from the video, they come in quite late. That's because the paper flowers sometimes loose their shape when they are soaked in mediums. I mean, that's no shock as wet paper doesn't hold its shape, but still. I chose flowers that already were ok for the color scheme, but still treated them with the paints to blend them more in to the project, make them a part of it. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely Friday and start to the weekend! May it be a crafty one! Oh, and hopefully you can join the FB live tomorrow evening (Finnish time). 


Materials:

Prima Marketing - Art Basics Modeling Paste
Prima Marketing - Finnabair stencil Gothic
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Body Gel
Prima Marketing - Finnabair mould Queens of Steam, Vintage Portraits
Prima Marketing - Art Basics Heavy Gesso Black
Ranger - Distress Paint Tarnished Brass
PaperArtsy - Fresco Finish acrylic paint Deep Sea, Pine Grove, Hint of Mint
mdf discs
chipboard scissors, lace, paper flowers
wooden canvas bases





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...