17/03/2023

Blue at heart - A.B.Studio


Hi there and happy Friday! Today I'm sharing a project I did for A.B.Studio with you and as it's Friday, that means a new process video on my YouTube channel! This time it's little heart decorations.

My favorite colors are blue and turquoise. I try to do projects with other colors, too, but every now and then I just need to go for the blues as well! I was particularly inspired by several blue patterned papers and thought to mix them for the project. Two of those are from a Christmas collection, but as a background and a small layering piece you really can't tell, can you?

If you want to see how I did the project, layer by layer, please see the video below.


As you could see from the video, I started with the flat layers and then moved for the height. I'm first treating the biggest area and then moving closer and closer to the focal point. 

I especially like the color combo in these - like I said earlier, I love blue, but my other love seems to be these tea tones. And they both are visible in these! I used corrugated cardboard, twine and chipboards for that color. At first I was thinking of coloring the chipboard shapes, but first of all, that would have probably at least partly covered the fine details and after deciding on the cardboard, the natural wood tone fitted the project nicely. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a splendid weekend! 


Materials from A.B.Studio:

Chipboard heart set

Other:
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
heavy gesso white
modeling paste
watercolors
corrugated cardboard
natural twine
paper flowers





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...