29/11/2022

Well done, sirs - a pair of ATCs


Hi there and happy new week! Ok, yes, I know it's Tuesday, but still kind of early in the week, right? Today I'm sharing a pair of ATCs with a Western feel. Or at least they started reminding me of railways and conquering the West when I was making these.

The backgrounds are done using a Sizzix embossing folder with an industrial feel. I coated a piece of cardstock using aluminium tape and then run the cardstock through my Big Shot machine. After that I colored the metallic tape with alcohol inks. On top I then added black gesso, let the paint dry for a while and removed it so the paint only colored the grooves. 

The focal points are Tim Holtz paper dolls. I tried to get characters that fitted my idea of railroads. They got big silver stars on their chest. It might be a sheriff star, but I actually was thinking of a prize ribbon when crafting. Like these two gents have excelled in something and got a token for that. 

You see those little tabs both of the cards have? They are out of an old pair of jeans, the belt loops! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful day!


Materials: Sizzix, Ranger, Tim Holtz





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...