20/09/2022

Dreamer of Dreams - Art Daily Cafe


Hello there! Today I'm sharing my take on this month’s Art Daily Cafe theme and colors. You can see the theme announcement post here (link). The theme is "at night moth lulls us to sleep with flapping wings" and the colors deep black and gold.


As you can see, I used white as my main background color and accented that with the black and gold. At first I thought doing the page on top of black cardstock, but that would have limited the options a little bit. With the white background I had more options for mediums and could do more layers. Although, as you can see, the background isn’t totally black. It’s in fact a letter from my great aunt to me several decades ago. My parents are moving so we’re shifting through a lot of stuff. I took some items from the piles to be used in art journaling and this letter was one of them.

I used a piece of the journal packaging on top of the letter and then added a thin layer of white gesso to prime the paper. On top I then added black acrylic paints, mimicking an ink stain. To add some texture to the piece, I also added some stitching.


The focal point of the page is a rub-on moth. That and the phrase “Dreamer of dreams” both refer to the month’s topic: ”At night moth lulls us to sleep with flapping wings”. I rubbed the moth on top a piece of black cardstock and then mounted the creature using foam tape. The screws on the side of the page are from the same rub-on sheet.

The black is present in the “ink stain” but also in the text sticker and the moth. For the gold I used some golden acrylic splashes in the background but also added golden foil to the background and the moth. I really like the metallic shine of the flakes!

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a lulling day!


Materials: Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...