19/05/2022

Less Perfection - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka! Today I'm sharing my take on this month’s Art Daily Cafe theme of “Mistakes v. Perfection” and colour combo of pink and green. You can see the theme post here (link).


My first thought about the colour combo was beach. Somehow the turquoise-like minty green combined with the pitaya pink made me think about soft sands, sunshine and exotic drinks. I even rummaged some seashell shaped die cuts from my stash to be added to the page, but in the end, they didn’t fit to the composition after all. But you can still see the echo of the beach theme in the focal image I chose from the Art Daily sticker pad!

The technique in this one was to highlight the mistakes and not hide them. This made me think how to cause mistakes or guarantee them. I thought that drawing something might cause a mistake or something I’d normally either re-do or hide, so I took a mist, added pink colour to a baby pink cardstock and after drying started drawing leaves on top. And yes, I absolutely loathed what I got! Perfect for this project! Instead of cutting the leaves out and using them as embellishments, I tore the cardstock and used the pieces to back the focal points of the composition. In that they worked marvellously – I really love the black markings on top of the candy coloured background.


I painted the background with my fingers and then added a dimensional pattern on top using Modelling Paste. No actual mistakes there. But I did leave the self-made stencil uncleaned and then cut it into pieces and used as layering material. Not that I would ever cut a bought stencil but this little self-made version out of transparency worked nicely like that.

There’re no more mistakes in the spread to share but I did add elements with stories to it. The main cluster has found ephemera in it. A clothing tag with the twine and two little check-up tickets from products are hiding among patterned papers. The big squares lining the way from the bigger cluster to the other are from another project, left overs given a new life. Maybe you could think it would have been a mistake to throw those items away?

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a nice, warm day! Stay safe everyone!


Materials: Prima Marketing, PaperArtsy, Ranger, Cricut, Lawn Fawn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...