10/01/2022

Who will I be? - a mixed media tag


Hi there and happy Monday! Today I'm sharing a tag with you, but with a twist. First of all the tag is sideways, which to me is uncommon, but also the tag only acts as a base to hold the mini portraits. Let me tell you how this came into being. 

Some time ago, I made some posts for Grafix using their Mixed Media Journal. It's a disc bound journal and after pondering some time how to use it beyond those example pages, I decided to use the pages rather as material as I prefer working with spiral bound. It's a question of what I'm used to, I guess. So I took the journal apart and saved the discs too as they looked nice. Now, before Christmas I was cleaning my work table top and saw that the discs looked a little bit like old typewriter keys. Instead of adding alphabets inside I then turned the discs into miniature portraits. 


There's a piece of gel printed paper as the bottom layer. Then a circle cut from an A.B.Studio vintage photo sheet and a Tim Holtz sticker. I also added some golden splashes and painted the rim of the discs thickly with the paint in some cases. These miniatures just were too small as such, so I decided to mount them on a tag. I quickly painted a tag with black gesso, dried the layer, and then smudged some Distress Oxide inks to my craftmat, added water and slid the tag through the splodges. I really like the look it got! To tie the little pieces together I scribbled with a white marker to the tag before adhering the discs on top.

Such a fun project! Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful week!


Materials: A.B.Studio, Ranger, Posca, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...