12/01/2022

Hopeful Peace - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka, today I'm sharing my first Art Daily project for 2022. Hope is a wonderful word for the start of the year. Everything is still new, and anything can happen. You can see the theme of January here (link) on the reveal post.

I used the colors of the month throughout the page. The background piece is a bit turquoise compared to the baby blue paint I used in the circles, but still everything is very light tones. I deliberately tried to keep the whole page really airy and light, to go with the hopeful mood.


The thing that was the hardest for me in this theme was the swan. First, I thought to represent the swan with just a single white feather. But then I remembered that one of the papers I have from Paper Garden, a Finnish online shop, had a swan. Insert frantic rummaging here. And yay, I found the paper and cut the swan to be used as my focal point.

What was easy with this month’s theme, was the “go with the flow”. That’s my normal way of art journaling! I start somewhere, have some idea what I’m using or doing and then let the project lead me. Here I first added some drywall tape to the background, then thought to add more dimension with stencilling and in the end I decided to add some circles to the top and bottom of the page to follow the diagonal I got partly with the stencilling.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have had a great start to the new year 2022!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Paper Garden, Tim Holtz, A.B.Studio



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...