20/01/2022

Fluent in Silence - an art journal page


Moikka! I bet you don't remember a tag I did about 18 months ago with the same vintage photo and denim? I don't blame you, there's been so many projects here after that! In case you want to see to which tag I'm referring to, here's a link to that post (link). But that tag has been haunting my mind since then as I really liked it! I loved the combination of the vintage tones and denim. So, I decided to have another go!

While this page had its inspiration in the tag, the project turned totally different. As where the tag had a warm toned background with hints of blue, in this one I wen't with the blue tones. I layered the different blue acrylics on top of each other, letting the layers underneath to peek through by using flicks of water. As the end result seemed a bit too dark, I then covered the whole page with white gesso and used the same droplet trick not to transform the piece totally white. I really like the worn effect this created! 

To finish the page I made just a little composition to show as much the background I could. I added some stamping to highlight the composition area and then used some thread, corrugated cardboard and snap fasteners to make a composition with the vintage photo. 

Thank you for your visit today! Have a splendid day!


Materials: PaperArtsy, Prima Marketing, A.B.Studio, Tim Holtz





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...