14/10/2021

Halloween cards with Cricut


Frightful Thursday! Or, are these cards so frightful? When going through some free designs on Cricut Design Space, I came across this adorable skeleton cat and then decided to make a set of Halloween cards. Although, the "labels" could have been candy bag decorations as well!

I first made a master sheet using a gel printing plate. I added several paints and layers and stamped on top. Then I placed the sheet to the cutting mat, made my design and let the Maker cut the parts. I was able to get all these four cards from one A4-sizes sheet! All of the images are from the Space's "Free" Images-category. I then sized them to fit to the square I had drawn. 

After peeling the parts from the cutting mat, I then mounted them on top of black cardstock. I used Maker to cut those, too, so they would be perfectly correct size. I used a black Archival Ink to add some darker tones to the edges of the pieces and also around the cut design. Then I just mounted my center pieces on top of a slightly large orange piece and lastly to black card base. Some paint marker lines and a text sticker were the only embellishments these cards needed!

Which one of the four is your favorite? The curious cat, the celebration car, the crow or the skull?

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a ghoulish day!


Materials: Cricut, GelliArts, Sinelli, Posca, Tim Holtz, Ranger, Prima Marketing








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...