12/10/2021

Fragrant autumn box - an altered tin


Hiya! I'm continuing with the autumn theme and also with a box theme of sorts. Yesterday I shared some matchboxes decorated with leaves and bugs, today an altered tin with some mushrooms. 

Maybe you've seen that I've done several of these altered tins. They are a labor of love in a way as I always return them. I think it's got to do with the surprise element when you open the tin. The first one I aged using patina pastes, but the three following have been just as they are, not giving away that something else than mints will be inside.


This time I was inspired by the current season and toadstools. They are so beautiful! For this little tin I made the fly agarics out of air-drying modeling clay (Silk Clay). It's super soft and dries fast and the elements are really light. They are not durable, though, but luckily these mushrooms are quite safe inside the tin. 

When choosing the tin for the autumn scene, I picked a red tin. When I opened the tin, the scent was unbelievable - they were cinnamon spiced mints! So, I just had to include the cinnamon in the scenery and I cut one cinnamon stick into a small stump. First I had another one on the lid side as well, but then the box wouldn't close so I had to remove it. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely autumn day!


Materials: Prima Marketing, Sinelli, Tim Holtz



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...