13/05/2021

Why limit happy? - 31 days of gel printing

Moikka and happy Thursday! Today I'm sharing yet another piece I did inspired by the Birgit Koopsen gel printing challenge. You can see the previous two here ("Tape") and here ("Bottle cap"). Today is day 13 and theme is "Translucent". 

I interpret the theme with tissue paper. I first created a layered, patterned tissue paper, which you can see below, and then collaged pieces of it to my journal. In hindsight, I should have left more open spots to the printed tissue for the translucency really kick in as all the colors I printed with were opaque. But still you can see some of the background peeking through in some places! 


Before adhering the tissue paper in place, I scribbled a text to the page using a black marker. I also made some marking with a wide pink marker. You can see what the background looked like in the gap between the tissue paper pieces on the left side of the page. On top of the tissue layer I then added some brush marks, doodled details and a bigger cluster or composition to the right side. For that I used a die cut clock face, some text stickers and drawn leaves. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a vibrant Thursday!


Materials: GelliArts, Kuusade, Sinelli, ArtFoamies, Sizzix, Tim Holtz, Varalusikka, Posca





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...