10/05/2021

Now see, time tale be - 31 days of gel printing

Moikka and happy Monday! Hopefully you had a creative weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day should you've been celebrating! Today I have another little something for the "31 days of gel printing" challenge. It's a challenge by Birgit Koopsen to inspire you to experiment with gel printing. You can find Birgit's daily inspiration posts along with other gorgeous content here at her Instagram account (link). As you can see from the daily prompts below, today is day 10 - "bottle cap".


I used bottle caps two ways in these magnets. The other one is more visible than the other. The bases of the magnets are bottle caps, flattened with my Big Shot. I also used the flattened bottle caps to pattern the gel print I then used to decorate the magnets. After all the cutting and drawing those bottle cap markings are quite invisible in the print. The most visible one is in the "be" magnet, that dark blue layer, looking like a sunburst. 

After making the print I then cut it to the bottle caps and adhered using gel medium. I also added some Posca pen doodles to them and a word sticker. Lastly I adhered a strong magnet to the back. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful start to the new week!


Materials: GelliArts, Prima Marketing, Posca, Tim Holtz, Sinelli, Sizzix






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...