06/05/2021

Dwell - 31 days of gel printing

 

Moikka! Today I have something brand new to share with you! Birgit Koopsen hosts a gel printing challenge this month. Each day has a inspiration word or theme, quite similar than the ArtFoamies challenge by Sarah Matthews and Nathalie Kalbach last month. You can see the themes in the picture below. Today is day 6 - "tape". You can find Birgit's daily inspiration posts along with other gorgeous content here at her Instagram account (link).


There's so many ways you could use tape in gel printing, but I took the "two birds with one stone" approach and cleaned some paint residue off my plate with clear packaging tape. I hardly ever clean my plate meticulously as I love the grunge effect the old paint creates, but sometimes it's good o get some of the layers off. Or, then lift them to the tape and then use those for the grunge! 

The right side of my journal page is done with a print on paper, but the left side is pieces of packaging tape with the paint lifted from the plate. On top I then created layers using clear gesso, watercolor, embossing and stamping. The packaging tape appears a bit cloudy because of the clear gesso layer on top of it. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful Thursday! And do join this fun challenge!


Materials: Gelli Arts, Seth Apter, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Ranger, ArtFoamies







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...