07/01/2021

Tiny mixed media houses - 7 Dots Studio


Hi there! Today I'm sharing some tiny houses with you. I wanted to do something a bit different this time for 7 Dots Studio, so I decided to alter these tiny wooden houses using 7 Dots Studio products. 

My wish was to make the houses connected to winter or even to the Holiday season. I chose papers with pale backgrounds to cover the houses but mixed in a darker grey as well. But the pattern fitted to the theme so well, stars! I coated the blocks with paper, added some stamping to all sides and then made a cluster of elements to the front. The pieces are from the “Dreamscapes” die cut sheet. On top I then chose a wintery word from the “Northern Lights” word stickers. If you want to see the process, please see the video! 


After the paper elements, as you can see from the video, I then added some mediums to make the houses icy and sparkly. I used two different texture pastes on them, mostly concentrating to the roofs like there was snow on the rooftops. I added some sequins and beads, too, to make them more sparkly. As a finishing touch I made some icicles using hot glue. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a lovely wintertime!  


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 

Northern Lights – Word Stickers 


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Sizzix, WOW! Embossing Powder








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...