21/01/2021

Stamp play, day 2 - Seth Apter Creative Team

Hello again! It's day two of the new series of posts for the Seth Apter Creative Team. As before, I started yesterday on Wednesday and continue until Friday. You can find Seth Apter's site here (link) and more about the Creative team here (link). I've included a list of products to the end of the post with links to Seth's own store.

As I told in the first post, this time I decided to tackle stamps. Here's the link for the first post (link). As I got so much lovely, enthusiastic feedback from the first series of posts with the art journal process, I followed that partially with this series, too. But this time the steps are a bit different. Yesterday I shared several easy ideas with stamps and today build with those or onto those in this video. The third day then shows the process of the finished page with the elements I've created in the course of the two earlier days.

Yesterday I created a bunch of collaging material so I start by actually collaging pieces of those together. That makes the start of my journal background. I also continue adding layers to the transparency items, making them a bit less transparent and then show some additions to the labels as well.

As you probably have gathered from the series header, I end up using one of the transparency heads as my focal point. If I would use them as a layering item, I'd have used less paint and colors and even not as striking element in the first place. Because if you think about the round shapes I also create, they would do nicely behind a focal point. So, like I say in the video, it's all about what you are after. 

The biggest surprise for me during this series came with the Izink pigment inks. I thought they would stick to the transparency nicely, but turned out, they are also super permanent after drying. Such a hard surface and the colors handled water really well. I'm in awe! 

Underneath is a tiny sneak of the finished page. Can you spot some of the elements I've done in there? 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you come back tomorrow to see the process video of the finished page! 


Materials: 

Impression Obsession stamp sets:

black gesso
white gesso
soft body gel medium
alcohol markers
alcohol inks
golden wax
white cardstock

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...