24/02/2020

Crossing Paths - 7 Dots Studio


Moikka! Today I'm sharing a piece I made for 7 Dots Studio some time ago.

This sparkling layout got its inspiration from the altered palette I’m holding in the picture. Or rather, I wanted to document the moment and chose to do it with a bit similar layers and embellishments as I used in the palette. 



The man beside me in the picture is Andi Kravljaca, a Swedish singer. While the picture was taken he was the singer of Thaurorod and the photo is taken while I attended their gig here in Helsinki. He had seen the palette in my Instagram and liked it so much, he wanted to buy it. Naturally I then gave it to him as a present when he was in town. And this is actually a second piece by me he has! The first one was an altered guitar body I did when I drew inspiration from a Thaurorod song. You can see that here (link).

As the palette is done using mixed media, metallic acrylic paints and glass beads, I wanted to bring similar elements to my page. I started the page by layering different paper strips and tags to the background. For the dimensional effect I then added some chipboard in there as well. Then I added black gesso and acrylics on top. Next came the paper layers and the embellishments, but I finished the page using some micro beads, glass glitter and regular glitter. If you want to see how I made the page, please see the video below! 

Thank you for stopping by today!


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 

Air Mail – Chipboard 
Garden Party – Word Stickers 6x12 

Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Teippitarha



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...