13/01/2020

Bird journal page - Sizzix


Hello and happy Monday to you all! This is exciting time of the year as both big trade shows are just around the corner - the Creativation in the USA and CreativeWorld here in Europe, in Frankfurt, Germany. A lot of new things coming and Sizzix is no exception! You can see the Chapter 1. dies here (link) at Sizzix UK site (link).


What beginning of the new year also means, is that spring is closer! To me the early spring days usually mean more light, then comes the first flowers through the (non-existing at the moment) snow and after that birds. Inspired by spring, I created an art journal page with the Sizzix dies.

I started by adhering an old book page to my journal and then added some paints on top. I cut a letter stencil using Sizzix cardstock and Thinlits "Paper Cuts Alphabet" die. I inked some random letters to the background through it and then adhered self the piece to the page as well. For the focal point I chose a bird and cut it using Bigz "Patchwork Bird" die. The chest is a test of something I created for Craft Stamper and others just pieces of cardstock and paper. 

For the title piece I used pink Sizzix cardstock and Thinlits "Alphanumeric Classic Lower" die set. The haiku underneath is typed using my mom's old typewriter. To embellish the page I cut some branches with Thinlits "Pine Branch" die set for the bird to have something to stand on and then I added a sun to the other corner. It's cut with "Rainy Days and Sunshine" die set, which is a bit older set than the rest I used.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great week!


Sizzix materials used: 

662097 - Rainy Days and Sunshine die set


Materials: Sizzix, Varalusikka, Prima Marketing, Sinelli, WOW! Embossing Powder 


1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Upea sivu. Lintu on todella kaunis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...