18/12/2019

In the burning heart - Art Daily Cafe


Moikka and great Wednesday! Today I'm sharing my December Art Daily Cafe project with you. As you know, the theme for this month is lights and sparkles (link), the lights that are glimmering now around us but also the light within. I interpret the theme both ways adding glistening stars to my background using silver glitter and also adding a shining star to the chest of the owl. You can see the original post here (link) at Cafe blog.


The lines of text in the page – “In the burning heart there can never be surrender” are from a song by Finnish heavy metal band Beast in Black. When I read the theme of the month, that song started to play in my head. It doesn’t say anything about shining, but in my head the idea turned to similar – don’t let anyone hinder your inner shine, don’t surrender to obstacles you may face but instead keep the heart burning, let your light shine. My first idea was to add a little heart embellishment on top of the owl, but I chose to go with the star instead, carrying on with the star theme I had already going in the page.


As the technique this month is using glitter, glass or foil, I added both glitter and glass glitter to my page. The glitter I mixed into 3D Gloss Gel and applied that through a stencil to my page creating a dimensional resist pattern. I then let the gel dry thoroughly and after that added watercolors on top. The stars resisted the colors and the little amount that was left on top I was able to wipe away easily. 

To emphasize the night feel of the page I made two moons using a Finnabair mould and coated them using silver wax. I also added the glass glitter to the page as during winter months when the temperature is below zero, the stars twinkle in the sky like they were charts of glass. Or diamonds! Maybe that’s why I added a couple of the Diamond Art Pebbles in the mix, too. A lot of sparkling in the page! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you not only an artful December but also peaceful Holidays! 


Materials: 

Art Daily Nocturnal washi tape pack
Art Daily Sentiments sticker album

Art Basics Heavy Gesso White 
Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel
Art Alchemy Metallique wax Old Silver
Art Ingredients Luminous glitter set
Art Ingredients Diamond Art Pebbles 
Art Ingredients Glass Glitter Platinum 
Finnabair mould Stars and Moons 
Finnabair Stars stencil 
Mechanicals Stars 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Mitform, Dymo




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...