05/12/2019

Chain of generations - Art Daily Cafe


I'm late blogging my projects! I'm sorry. But today I share my November Art Daily Cafe project. You can see the original post here (link) and the theme post here (link).

I guess it was the color, rust, that pushed me to think about metal and chain. From there the inspiration took a curve towards invisible chains of people, generations and families. Probably the just passed Day of the Dead had its part in my thoughts.


I adore vintage photos and the Photobooth sticker album. While I usually try to save these treasures, this time I wanted to do things a bit differently and used the stickers as my background. I chose the photos randomly and added them to my background in various directions. They run from edge to edge, a never-ending line of family members. 

Then on top came the rust. I used the Rust Paste set to kind of set a base for the composition and layers coming on top. I smeared the paste to the center and added some splashes to carry the color across the pages. I also used a rust colored ink and added some hints of flowers to the background using “Passiflora” stencil. I carried the color also to the embellishments and added some rusty gears in there.


As the theme was also recycling, I used a lot of recycled or found items. In the background where I added the photo stickers, I also used the leftover frames to add interest and texture. All the layers behind the photo are repurposed or recycled. There’s a brown paper bag from a shop, a clothes tag, another shop tag, tea bag wrapper and a piece of postcard. The ribbon is something I’ve inherited from my grandmother – another link to the chain of generations theme.

Thank you for stopping by today! 


Materials: 

Art Daily Album
Art Daily Wanderlust washi tape pack
Art Daily Vintage Photobooth sticker album
Art Daily Sentiments sticker album

Art Extravaganza Rust Paste set
Mechanicals Machine Parts
Finnabair Passiflora stencil 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...