01/10/2019

A journey for the soul - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there! Today I share a project I made for 7 Dots Studio with you! This time I did a journal page inspired by “Air Mail” collection. I mixed some other elements in there as well – as you know I love to do that – but mainly the page is done using “Air Mail”. The first spark to the page came from the chipboard shapes this time as I noticed I haven’t used single one yet! Oh no! 


I really love the vintage tea tones of the “Air Mail” collection. To add a bit of something to them, I used teal colored spray in my page, but it seemed too bright compared to the others. So, I added a bit of brown on top to turn it more into the dark olive color of the postage stamps in the collection. If you want to see how I went about with the page, please see the video underneath! 


As you can see from the video, I cut the little envelopes off the “Delivered” 12x12 sheet and layered them behind the plane. I was going for a “stack of letters” look so I added even a piece of twine going around them. It’s fun to try to imagine what those letters would have inside them and maybe they traveled by the plane in the picture. Maybe love letters from coast to coast? Or business plans? To me it’s always fun to think of a story to go with the page and those vintage items always inspire several of them! 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a story-filled day! 


Materials: 

Homegrown – Clear Stamps 
Hazy Days – Chevron stencil


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...