10/09/2019

Joy right now - Prima Marketing


Hi there! Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I did for Prima Marketing. They are really easy and fun and I recorded a video while working on them! If you have seen my videos before, you might have noticed that I don’t plan ahead. I have an inspiration to a project and after that I let the project lead me.


For these two cards the inspiration came from the puffy sticker sheet. I grabbed some supplies that I felt would go with them and started creating. Next I was inspired by the eclectic, a bit quilt looking pattern paper in the Misty Rose pad and mimicked that by using pieces of paper in my backgrounds.

This time I didn’t want to use the beautiful Prima blooms in the cards, but more play with the stickers. I needed a focal point for them, so I picked two photo stickers from the Art Daily “Vintage Photobooth” sticker book. They again inspired me to make tiny stories to each card using another sticker book from the Art Daily line.


As you can see, creating is really about the process to me and each step leads to the next one! If you want to see how the cards came into being, please see the video. I also gathered some tips for the post, hopefully you’ll find them handy!


Thank you for stopping by today!


Tip 1: When you don’t mount your clear stamp to a block, you can add stamping even after paper layers are done. You can slide the thin stamp underneath the paper layers more easily than if it was on a block. What you can also do is stamp the design just partially.


Tip 2: Mixing Prima Marketing products with packaging and other items creates a lovely, eclectic look. Utilize the beautiful product packaging, try clothing tags or go to a hardware store to scout the shelves!


Tip 3: I’m always inspired by old photos. They make me think about the stories the persons in the photographs have. If you are feeling poetic, try making your own stories or poems using either text stickers or cut words from old books. Or better yet, mix the two!


Tip 4: Repeating a pattern in a project is always fun but it’s even more fun if you try to mimic it with your own style. I was inspired by the splotchy roses in the paper pad and created my own using the watersoluable oil pastels. 



Materials: 630973 Misty Rose 6x6 pad , 814328 Watersoluable Oil Pastels , 596781 Color Philosophy permanent ink Chat Noir , 964849 Art Daily Sentiments sticker pad , 964832 Art Daily Vintage Photobooth sticker pad , 967000 Finnabair Secret Notes clear stamp , 596873 Amelia Rose puffy stickers , 961442 Art Basics Heavy Gesso White , 584696 Paper Doily White 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Eurokangas






1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Voi että mitä upeuksia taas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...