24/06/2019

Rose Garden journal - Paper Garden


Heippa and rosy Monday! Today I share a Paper Garden project with you. This time I did a video to go with it so you can see my process. It’s an easy peasy journal page, inspired by glossy pictures. 

I’m not sure if glossy pictures are widely known. In Finnish they are called “kiiltokuva”. I think the tradition might come from Germany and the little pictures are known throughout the Nordic countries, but for example Wikipedia doesn’t have a page about them in English. So maybe they are only known here in the Northern Europe. 


As a child I had a collection of glossy pictures. I also have my mother’s and grandmother’s glossy picture books and that of my great aunt somewhere. I guess at the moment they are over at my parent’s. The books are filled with beautiful old glossy pictures and poems friends and family have written to the pages. 

So, this page was inspired by the glossy pictures but otherwise it’s got nothing to do with those books. Well, maybe one could consider the stamped phrase near the photo a poem? If you’d like to see how I made the page, please see the video below! I started with a few mediums but ended up using a bunch before the page was done. I often do that, let the project to lead me instead of the other way around. 


Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a sweet day! 


Materials from Paper Garden: 




Materials: Paper Garden, Prima Marketing, Sinelli




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...