06/12/2018

Merry Christmas cards - A Flair for Buttons


Hi there! Happy Independence day to all Finns! Ihanaa itsenäisyyspäivää Suomi! Today I'm sharing some Holiday cards with you I did for A Flair for Buttons. All of the three cards here are done the same way, I only used different patterned paper in the background and layered a bit different papers and embellishments to my cards. What they all have in common, though, is the flairs I used. They are from the Vintage Christmas Girls set.

 

I played a little with the colors in my cards. I chose red for one as the background as you can see above, but the other two have a bit more non-traditional colors in them. One is made with dark blue and the other with bright candy colors. I added some paper flowers together with the flair and a die cut Christmas tree as decorations to each of them. What the cards also have in common is the greeting I added to each. It's a silver colored sticker saying "Hyvää Joulua" which is Finnish and means "Merry/Good Christmas".


I also added same mixed media touches to each card. There's some dusty pink acrylic paint and white gesso as a bottom layer in each one and then some white embossing powder on top. I also drizzled some white embossing powder on top of the paper layers to get a snowy effect.

Where the cards differ is the use of colors. The red card has a mix of muted and bright tones, the blue one is more muted and the one with candy plaid is the brightest. I used same papers through them all but just picked the ones to each card that fit the color scheme of the background.

What color is your Christmas? 

Thank you for stopping by today! Happy creating! 


Sets used: 

image 0



Materials: A Flair for Buttons, Prima Marketing, Wow Embossing Powder, Sizzix, Lawn Fawn, Sinelli

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...