16/12/2018

Any place else - GDT AALL & Create


Fresh Sunday! Like some Sundays before, today I'm posting my latest guest piece made for AALL & Create. This one, like the one I posted last week, is made with the new collection. I have a quick leaf through of the stamps as a video further down the post in case you want to see.


We have a Christmas carol in Finland that translates to something like "Oh, is it summer in mid winter?". That song started to play in my head when I made this sunny and fresh little journal page. My main inspiration was stamp #141 called "Tropical vibes", but I added some extra leaves using #133 "Makers marks" as well. 

For this page I stamped the "Tropical vibes" several times. I stamped it once in the book and several times to loose leaves. I then colored them using watercolor and colored pencils. As you can see, the background version I colored with just randomly adding green watercolor to the page and then used the pencils to add some shading and coloring here and there. The details on the other hand, which I then raised from the background with foam dots, I colored using just the pencils and tried to be more careful.

Even though I really liked the face in the stamp, to me this piece was all about the fruit slices. So as a finishing detail I added the text running across the face of the lady. The line: "Don't you all ever think about vacation any place else?" seemed appropriate for the Finnish weather at this time of the year. It's gloomy and wet and dark as there's no snow on the ground, not at least here in the Southern Finland. 


Like I said in the beginning of the post, I made a little leaf through of the new collection. I have had the video edited for a while now, but as I felt some kind of narration would fit it better than a whole bunch of text, I needed to wait. As you can hear from the video, I still have the flu and I apologize for that. So maybe just mute the video and see the pretty stamps rather than hear me crowing there...


Luckily my Creative JumpStart video was made waaaaay before I caught this bloody flu that doesn't go away so in it my voice is a lot better! If you haven't enrolled already, you still have time. The "jumping" starts on January 1st. More info about the Creative JumpStart 2019 from here Nathalie's site (link) or then from my earlier blog post (link)

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a wonderful start to the new week! Ta ta for now!


AALL & Create stamps used: #141 Tropical vibes, #133 Makers marks


Materials: AALL & Create, Prima Marketing, Ranger




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...