01/09/2018

Metallic baby cards - Wow Embossing Powder


Hello and sweet Saturday! It's a new month and that means a new challenge theme for Wow Embossing Powder! This time the theme is "Metallics". I bet you thought I'd go for a really mixed media assemblage style thing? I pondered upon it, yes, but decided to do something completely different as you can see!

 

Instead of using metallics with a heavy hand, I went for a cleaner look. I stamped the cute bear and deer and some toadstools with embossing ink and embossed them with black powder. I colored the cuties using watercolor pencils. 

Then I cut circles out of white cardstock and used Fab Foils on top - silver for the other and gold for the other. I also die cut some sayings and used embossing powder on those. Again, silver for the other and gold for the other. I embossed the texts three times to get a really dimensional look. Almost like it's written with a pearl maker! 

After that it was then just putting the cards together and adding a colored cardstock to the back. These cards are heading towards Wow headquarters so if you attend a show where they are, you might see them in the Wow booth!


PS. If you now got intrigued about the powders, remember the discount code I shared in my yesterday's post. By adding the code WOWDTRK at checkout you'll get 10% off! It's valid for both US webshop (link) and UK webshop (link). UK shop delivers around Europe, not just UK. Happy shopping! 


Supplies used from Wow: 



Materials: Wow Embossing Powder, Pretty Pink Posh, Sizzix, Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...