06/09/2018

Dream - Sizzix


Moikka! You're not seeing wrong, the layout is actually almost totally black and white! There's just a hint of red with the little dot stickers and some warm brown tones in the flair button. Otherwise I went with a very monochromatic palette in this page I made using Sizzix dies.

The layout is about a dream or a wish connected to my favorite band. They are working on a new album and have been for some time now. I really love how they perform live as they always take their audience and the atmosphere is through the roof. Luckily they have been performing live occasionally while working on the release, but I'm really waiting the time the album is released and they start touring. On the other hand, they usually then travel abroad and now they've been playing in Finland, too. But the time will come for that, too!


I used some of my favorite dies in the layout. Somehow that felt appropriate both in the way that they both are favorites but also that the patterns fitted. The script and the frames are from a previous release but the awesome star semicircle "Whoosh" is brand new! You can see the names of the die sets with links a bit further down.

I made my layout in black and white partly because of the bands colors, but if you are a more colorful person, underneath is a video from Sizzix showing another layout using the same die cut stencil! I just used mine with embossing ink and black powder to get a raised, glossy effect. 


Which one is your cup of tea? Black and white or colorful? Or better to have them both? 

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!


Sizzix supplies used:



Materials: Sizzix, 7 Dots Studio, Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Um Wow Studio



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...