16/08/2018

Rainbow in the dark - Wow Embossing Powder


The August weather is here, sun is shining lower with a golden glow and the nights are turning into velvet ones here in Finland. The summer full of light is almost gone and the darker winter time is lurking around the corner.

I'm a metal head, so when I started to think about the rainbow theme we're having at Wow! this month, a song by Dio called "Rainbow in the Dark" started to play in my head. The idea fascinated me, how to do a dark rainbow in a project form. So I decided to rise to the challenge and do a project on black surface with an oil like rainbow glimmer on top. 


For the base I chose to use a paint brush, just like you could paint a rainbow with it. I painted the project black with gesso to create that dark background and then used Glintz and Metalline powders on top to add the colors in. These metallic, shimmering powders with translucent color were perfect to create that sheer shine of color. I'm so happy how the project turned out that you can really see the different colors on the brush! If you want to see how I made the brush, please see the step by step tutorial at Wow's blog


This was such a fun project to do! I really loved the effect the Glintz and Metalline powders created on top of black. Black surface really showed the tones of the different Glintz powders and you could then heighten the color effect using the Metalline powders. Sprinkled powders added fun texture to the embellishments, too. Underneath and above are some detail photos of the brush to show the texture and color variations better. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great, colorful day!


Wow Embossing Powder products used: 



Materials: Wow! Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...