26/07/2018

Summer Bee Girl - Prima Marketing


Can you believe that weekend is soon here? I've started a new job this week and if it seemed that days flew by while I was on vacation, now they are on high speed! I'm so happy that I have the Sunday off so I can play with some goodies that have been arriving in the mail during the week! 

But back to this tag! It was a tag day yesterday at Prima blog (link) and one of the piece there was my bee tag. My inspiration for this tag came from a wish to do something summery. I wanted to create a fun tag fit for summer but didn’t quite know where to start. I happened then to see these pink and yellow drinking straws on my craft table and there was the inspiration! 

As the straws decided the color palette for me – a perfect combo of watermelon pink and citrus yellow – all I needed to do is to find the focal point. A Julie Nutting “Bee Girl” seemed to be just the thing with striped socks and shirt! I colored her using watercolors and added some to the background as well. The chipboard tag was first painted with Impasto paint and then got a layer of Modeling Paste on top before the watercolor addition. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Remember to keep hydrating if it's as hot (or hotter) as here in Finland now! Ta ta for now! 


Materials from Prima Marketing: 

587949 – Chipboard Tags Large 
912154 – JN Doll stamp Bee Girl 
596781 – Color Philosophy Permanent Ink Chat Noir 
584252 – Watercolor Confections The Classics 
964535 – Impasto acrylic paint Lemon Peel 
961350 – Modeling Paste 
961282 – Stencil Lace 
597047 – Heaven Sent 2 flowers Grace 
593582 – MPP Planner Stickers Summer 
912505 – Julie Nutting SIIC 
848262 – Amelia Rose Dotty 12x12 


Materials: Prima Marketing, Tape Garden

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...