06/06/2018

Cycle - Sizzix


I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! That song starts to play in my head every time I read or write about bicycles! This layout is all about those - cycles that is. It's documenting how my younger daughter learned to ride the bike, actually in the same strip of road where I first learned to cycle all those years ago. 


The layout is done for Sizzix (link) and the main element of the page is naturally a bicycle! I took some step pictures along the way if you want to see how I made the page.


I started the layout by using clear gesso to coat the white cardstock. I then started adding colors by first using watercolors and then inks. I added the inks through a self made stencil with the "Paint Splats" die


Next I added wheels to go round and round - that is to say circles with different patterned papers. I cut the circles with different sizes dies from the "Framelits Circles" set


Then I made the circles a part of the background by adding some stamping and pencil doodles on top of them. Now they seemed more like elements in the background, guiding the composition. 


I used the papers that were left while cutting the circles and clustered the papers behind the photo. I stapled the layers together and then used foam dots to mount the photo to the cluster and cluster to the background.


Next step was adding embellishments and more layers. I cut the bicycles and the title from black cardstock and some stars from yellow. I also added a couple of leaves cut from white cardstock and a flair button. The cycles and leaves are from "Spring Time" die set, the letters with "Delicate Letters" and the stars with "Birds and Stars"


Lastly I finished the page with some epoxy stickers and journaling. I first used a pencil to draw lies for the journaling and then wrote it using a black gel pen.


If you liked the step by step, please also see Sizzix site as there's plenty of tutorials there! Like videos to different makes (link) or step by steps like to a birthday card (link). And also, if you are low on paper but have access to a printer, there's the free paper archive in the site (link).

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a colorful day! 


Sizzix products used: 



Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Ranger, A Flair for Buttons, Doodle Bug Designs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...