21/06/2017

Carpe Diem - A Flair for Buttons


Carpe Diem! There's a saying to live by! My earliest memory of the phrase is from junior high school, from Finnish lesson and movie "Dead Poets Society". Our job was to analyze the film and it really moved me, had a great impact on me. It's still one of my favorite movies and even though I can't say that I follow the phrase daily, I try to keep that in mind. 


In my mind I combined the saying to the idea that time flies. Seize the day as time flies and tomorrow it might be too late. The flair is from the Daily Words set and I've placed it inside a clock. The wings for the flying time are done with metal embellishments and feathers.

I surprised even myself when choosing the colors as I didn't go with my all time favorite blue and green but with purple and pink. Somehow the Baroque style rich scheme fitted the idea better than the airy and light palette. 


Thank you for stopping today! Remember, carpe diem! 


Set used: 





Materials: A Flair for Buttons, Prima Marketing, Ranger

1 comment:

enkulin käsityöt said...

Todella upea jälleen.
Ihanaa Juhannusta Sinulle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...